Thursday, November 13, 2008

Setting Sun

Here in Tampa Bay for a few days this week. My publisher, Churchsmart Resources is hosting a training event. My role is two and one-half days of facilitating a seminar on leading turnaround.
Great group gathered here from 32 different states. It is good to meet with such a diverse group of hungry leaders.

They have hosted us at the Historic (translate old) Belleview Biltmore Resort. It is actually quite impressive. The halls are double-wide and literally stretch for over 150 yards. I found myself wondering if I could roll a bowling ball from one end to the other on hard wood floors with my best effort. I doubt it. Could I throw a baseball from one end to the other? Not sure.

At night there are a lot of doors with padlocks on them. Not sure what is behind them.

OK perhaps I have a little too much time on my hands.

Made it here the first night to watch the sun set over the Bay. Had a momentary pause. How could I be watching the sun set over the ocean when I'm on the East Coast?

Don't worry, I figured it out. It's a Bay. But it reminded me that sometimes small things (inlets) in life can give the wrong perspective. Sometimes when I am certain where I am yet encounter short-term challenges, I don't necessarily need to conclude I'm on the wrong side.

OK enough philosophizing. I'm going to go out and see if I can find a bowling ball.